Amazing Banana Oat Breakfast Bars – they taste like banana bread! No flour, butter, eggs, or dairy in this healthy recipe!
I’ve realised that my body loves natural foods — and these bars are exactly that. No flour, eggs, dairy, or butter!
These breakfast (or snack) bars are made with:
Gluten Free Oats (you get to make oat flour and it’s soooo easy)!
Honey (or agave/maple syrup!).
Tiny tiny bit of dairy free yogurt.
Goji Berries for a little bit of sweetness.
- 150g gluten free oats
- 30g of protein powder of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract (gluten free, if desired)
- 50g of Nush banoffee yogurt
- 50g honey (agave nectar if vegan)
- 50g of goji berries.
- 15g of Chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees c. Spray 9×9 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- To make oat flour: Place oats into blender or food processor and blend for 1-2 minutes until oatmeal resembles flour. You may need to stop blender and stir oats a couple of times to ensure that all oats have been blended. Transfer oat flour medium bowl; whisk in baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt, protein powder, chia seeds and cinnamon; set aside.
- Place bananas, vanilla, yogurt and honey into blender; blend 1-2 minutes or until smooth and creamy. Add to oat flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in the goji berries. Pour batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly with rubber spatula. Bake for 15 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached. Cool 10-15 minutes on wire rack.
- Cut bars into 16 squares and enjoy!
Brownies. Everyone loves them. But have you ever tried to make brownies using ice cream? Well, I can tell you that this is delicious! Enjoy!
- Serves 2
- Prep time – 5 minutes
- Cooking time – 15 minutes
- 200ml of melted Oppo Chocolate Hazelnut ice cream
- 1 tbsp of cacao powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 a teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder (or more flour)
- 50g of flour
- 100g of Black Forest fruits
- Toppings of choice
- Grease your skillet and pre heat your oven to 180’C
- Combine all of the dry ingredients
- Mix the wet ingredients in with the dry and then stir in the fruit
- Pour the mix into your skillet
- Put the skillet in the oven and cook the mix for 15 minutes
- Add your toppings and ENJOY!
I created this recipe for The Collective dairy using their delicious Straight up yogurt, as who’d have thought that doughnuts would make a healthy breakfast choice! I made this quick and easy recipe for delicious on-the-go doughnuts, packed full of protein and carbohydrates that will keep you full until lunchtime.
- 50g The Collective Straight Up
- 100g spelt flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 100g applesauce
- 1 medium egg
- 40g coconut sugar
- 50g dried fruit (Hannah’s used dried blueberries)
- Preheat your oven to 150C and grease your doughnut tin (if you don’t have a doughnut tin, muffin tins will work the same)
- Simply mix all of the ingredients together until they are well combined
- Put enough mixture in to each doughnut hole so that it levels off at the top of each ring
- The put your doughnuts in the oven for around 10 minutes or until they are springy to touch
- Pop the doughnuts out of their baking tin and then leave them to cool on a cooling rack.
Serve with more yogurt as a dip or eat plain straight out of the tin!