Telling someone that you’re having pancakes for breakfast sounds super unhealthy (not that having that sometimes is a bad thing)! They’re often laden with syrups, cream, toppings of all sorts (if you’ve been to the Pancake house at Centre Parcs, you’ll have seen allllll the topping options) and made with butter, full fat milk/buttermilk and your bog-standard flour. HOWEVER, having a healthy pancake breakfast is such a simple task.. there really is no excuse.
These high protein pancakes are whizzed up in seconds and, if you don’t want the chocolate option, contain only 3 ingredients.
So, here they are:
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 banana,
- 1 scoop of protein,
- 150ml of egg whites or two eggs,
- Optional: Cacao powder
- Toppings of choice.
- Pop all of the ingredients in your blender and whizz until well combined,
- Heat a frying pan on a medium heat and grease with either coconut oil or fry light spray,
- Pour 2 tablespoons amount in to the pan in a circulaur shape.
- Cook your pancake for around 2 minutes before flipping on to the other side.
- Continue to do so until all your mix is gone.
- Add your toppings and ENJOY!
If you’ve followed me for a while, you’ll know that I LOVE pancakes.. especially a big stack on a Saturday (stackurday)! So, I just had to share my staple recipe with you all!
You will need:
- 50g of egg whites,
- 50ml of liquid (I vary between fruit juice, coconut water, dairy and non-dairy milks etc),
- 1 teaspoon of sweetener (I use natvia or truvia, you could use any that you fancy),
- 1/2 a teaspoon of baking powder,
- 15g of protein powder (any flavour and type of choice),
- 10g of casein protein (I use Neat Nutrition as it is THE best),
- 25g of flour (remember that coconut and almond flour are more absorbant so will require more liquid).
- Optional add ins; superfoods (maca powder, beetroot powder, matcha powder), chocolate chips or cacao nibs, raisins or other dried fruit, granola and obviously cacao powder!
- Toppings; go crazy! I love chocolate sauces (cacao powder, yogurt and sweetener mixed together), peanut butter, caramel, Musclefood sugar free syrups or just a simple layer of yogurt!
- In a bowl whisk together your egg whites and liquid until the mixture has doubled in size and is nice and fluffy!
- Whisk in to the egg whites, the sweetener and baking powder.
- Now add in the rest of the ingredients, continuing to whisk until they are well combined.
- Leave the mix to rest for 5 minutes.
- Now grease your frying pan and heat the pan on a medium heat.
- Drop a tablespoons worth of mix in to the pan; cook on one side for three minutes and then flip and cook on the other for around 2 minutes!
- Keep doing this until you have a mighty stack!
- Now go toppings crazy and ENJOYYYY!
You may also like: