Amazing Banana Oat Breakfast Bars – they taste like banana bread! No flour, butter, eggs, or dairy in this healthy recipe!
I’ve realised that my body loves natural foods — and these bars are exactly that. No flour, eggs, dairy, or butter!
These breakfast (or snack) bars are made with:
Gluten Free Oats (you get to make oat flour and it’s soooo easy)!
Honey (or agave/maple syrup!).
Tiny tiny bit of dairy free yogurt.
Goji Berries for a little bit of sweetness.
- 150g gluten free oats
- 30g of protein powder of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract (gluten free, if desired)
- 50g of Nush banoffee yogurt
- 50g honey (agave nectar if vegan)
- 50g of goji berries.
- 15g of Chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees c. Spray 9×9 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- To make oat flour: Place oats into blender or food processor and blend for 1-2 minutes until oatmeal resembles flour. You may need to stop blender and stir oats a couple of times to ensure that all oats have been blended. Transfer oat flour medium bowl; whisk in baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt, protein powder, chia seeds and cinnamon; set aside.
- Place bananas, vanilla, yogurt and honey into blender; blend 1-2 minutes or until smooth and creamy. Add to oat flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in the goji berries. Pour batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly with rubber spatula. Bake for 15 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached. Cool 10-15 minutes on wire rack.
- Cut bars into 16 squares and enjoy!