Telling someone that you’re having pancakes for breakfast sounds super unhealthy (not that having that sometimes is a bad thing)! They’re often laden with syrups, cream, toppings of all sorts (if you’ve been to the Pancake house at Centre Parcs, you’ll have seen allllll the topping options) and made with butter, full fat milk/buttermilk and your bog-standard flour. HOWEVER, having a healthy pancake breakfast is such a simple task.. there really is no excuse.
These high protein pancakes are whizzed up in seconds and, if you don’t want the chocolate option, contain only 3 ingredients.
So, here they are:
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 banana,
- 1 scoop of protein,
- 150ml of egg whites or two eggs,
- Optional: Cacao powder
- Toppings of choice.
- Pop all of the ingredients in your blender and whizz until well combined,
- Heat a frying pan on a medium heat and grease with either coconut oil or fry light spray,
- Pour 2 tablespoons amount in to the pan in a circulaur shape.
- Cook your pancake for around 2 minutes before flipping on to the other side.
- Continue to do so until all your mix is gone.
- Add your toppings and ENJOY!