Usually people hear the word ‘meal prep’ and think this process takes a few hours . However, if you plan your meals carefully, you can take only 90 minutes of your time to cook your favourite healthy dishes every week. I then store my meals in plastic containers in the fridge or freezer for the next few days.
By preparing a large batch of a specific meal, you drastically reduces your cooking time. This means that at work you don’t hit the often not so healthy canteen and in the evenings you don’t have to worry about slogging over the stove to cook meals.
The recipe below is one of my favourites and features, alongside others, on the daily mail website.
I get my meat from Muscle Food Uk, and couldn’t recommend their products enough. The service is quick and efficient, the meat is a bargain and, importantly, it is delicious!
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 red onion, peeled and diced.
- I stick of celery finely chopped,
- 1 tbsp of olive oil,
- 1 tsp of mixed herbs,
- 1 400g can of chopped tomatoes,
- Seasoning to taste!
- 8 turkey meatballs,
- 2 courgettes, spiralised,
- For the sauce, put the onion and celery into a preheated frying pan and sautee for about ten minutes.
- Add the can of tomatoes, filling up the empty can with water to add to the pan.
- Season, stir well and let the mixture come to a bubble, then turn the heat down and simmer the sauce gently while you get on with the meatballs.
- Drop the meatballs gently into the simmering sauce.
- Let the meatballs simmer in the sauce for 30 minutes, or until cooked through. Serve with courgetti.