Apple’s are brilliant in cake recipes- they add moisture as well as a delicious fragrance. Combine them with cinnamon and mixed spice and you have a match made in heaven! So when Rachel shared this delicious recipe with me, I just had to share it with you!
So, here’s the recipe:
50g wholewheat flour
50g rice flour
50g coconut flour
25g vanilla plant protein powder
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
100g chopped Apple
1tsp mixed spice
150g egg white
20g melted coconut oil
250ml unsweetened almond milk
1tsp natvia sweetner
Preheat your oven to 150C and pop 12 muffin cases in to a muffin tray.
Mix all wet ingredients together, add all the dry ingredients, then fold in the Apple.
Divide mixture between 12 muffin tins and pop in the oven for 15 minutes or until firm to touch on top!
Enjoy as they are or smother with a lovely layer or peanut butter!
Rachel has a great Instagram account with many delicious recipes, so head to her page now to find more!
Sweet potato is honestly one of THE BEST additions to baking.. It adds moisture, a sweet caramel flavour and counts as one of your five a day. What more could you want? Well, when you combine sweet potato with sweet chai spices you get an AMAZING combination. A sweet but not too sweet flavour combination that leaves you wanting to go back for more!
So, here is the recipe for you!
- 1 boiled and mashed sweet potato,
- 1 tablespoon of chai spice (I used Drink Me Chai),
- 30g of Vanilla Protein (I used Womens best but feel free to use any that you fancy!),
- 80g of coconut flour,
- 2 whole eggs,
- 50g of plain yogurt,
- 200ml of apple juice.
This couldn’t be easier;
- Preheat the oven to 160C and line and grease a small baking tin,
- Combine all of the ingredients until well mixed,
- Pour the mixture in to the prepared tin and put the tin in the oven for around 40 minutes,
- Once springy to touch on the top, take the mixture out of the oven and then out of the tin,
- Leave to cool on a cooling rack before slicing and enjoying!
Most of my recipes are chocolate based, so this week I decided to challenge myself to a loaf cake that is a chocolate alternative yet just as tasty! So, combining my love of the refreshing taste of lemon and the crunch of granola, my Lemon and Poppy seed protein loaf was born! This healthy take on a classic cake, really is a great, light option for breakfast or as an afternoon snack!
For the cake:
For the icing:
- Grease and line a loaf tin and turn your oven on to 160C,
- Mix together all of the loaf ingredients until well combined and then pour them in to your prepared tin.
- Pop the loaf in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Take the loaf out of the oven and then the tin and leave to cool on a cooling rack.
- Once the cake has cooled, simply mix together the yogurt and casein icing ingredients and then spread on top of your cake! Sprinkle over the granola!
You may also like: