It’s a long time since I made a protein powder free cake and ate it… so, I naturally had to celebrate this success by putting in on my blog for you to all enjoy too! Banana is one ingredient that I end up using a lot while baking. I have baked cookies, cupcakes, muffins and so many breakfast recipes but a simple no egg banana bread recipe was missing here.
This recipe is really easy- it uses just two bowls, you mix it all in together and then pop it in the oven. The use of coconut oil as well as the bananas keeps this loaf really nice and moist!
Serves 8 (generous slices)!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 65 minutes
- 3 medium-large bananas (+1 extra to cut in to coins)
- 75 ml melted coconut oil
- 75 ml full fat coconut milk
- 100 g coconut sugar
- 1 tsp lemon or lime juice
- 180 g plain flour
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- 1/3 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
- 1½ tsp of cinnamon
- Warm up the oven to 175° C and line a 900 g / 2 lb cake tin with baking paper. Move the oven rack a notch down from the middle position.
- In one bowl, combine all dry ingredients. In another bowl combine all wet ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ones in three batches mixing well each time. Mix until there is no dry flour left, but do not over mix!
- Pour the cake batter into the tin and spread banana coins on top if you want. The cake is just as nice without them.
- Bake for about 65-70 minutes, the exact time depends on the individual oven. Remove from the oven and let it cool down completely before cutting.