These pancakes are moist, delicious, fluffy and packed full of warm spices. They are perfect for the cold winter mornings, but can be enjoyed any time of the year.
Serve for breakfast, brunch or dessert with maple syrup and chopped walnuts.
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- 40g Ground Almonds
- 40g Wholemeal Spelt Flour
- 40g Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1tsp All Spice (or more, if you fancy!)
- 200ml Almond Nut Milk (or any other)
- 1tsp Agave Or Maple Syrup
- 1 Egg
- 100g Pumpkin steamed and mashed (or Pumpkin Purée)
- Chop up the pumpkin flesh into chunks and steam until soft and able to mashed. I used a microwave tubberware steamer which takes approx 6 mins. (Or skip this step if using pumpkin purée)
- Mix all pancakes ingredients, including the mashed pumpkin, until thoroughly combined – use a food processor to speed up this process and for a smooth batter.
- Heat 1tsp coconut oil in a frying pan over a low to medium heat and begin with approx 1/6 of the pancakes batter. Heat until bubbles form, and flip to cook for another minute or two. Repeat for the rest of the mixture, adding coconut oil to the pan as required.
- Serve and enjoy
Find Steph’s recipe on her blog here too: