Brookies I hear you say?! Brookies are a genius combination of cookies and brownie! Two of my favourite desserts combined…. what’s not to love?! What’s even better…….each Brookie contains 11g Protein and less than 150 calories. The combination of the rich soft brownie with the soft gooey cookie I promise is one you don’t want to miss. This recipe is both dairy free and gluten free.
For the cookies:
70g Cashew Butter (could use another nut butter)
30g Vanilla Protein Powder
2 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
3 Tbsp dairy free chocolate chips
For the brownie:
30g chocolate Protein Powder
2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
1 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
20g Ground Almonds
30ml Almond Milk
Tbsp Coconut oil (melted)
1. Preheat the oven to 180oc and line a baking tin with baking paper
2. Combine all the ingredients for the cookies in one bowl until the consistency is like cookie dough.
3. In a second bowl combine all the ingredients for the brownie to a similar consistency as the cookie dough. If its too dry add a splash of water.
4. Pour the brownie mixture into the tin and follow with the cookie mixture on top
5. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes (if you prefer your cookies crispy rather than gooey leave in for longer)
6. Leave to cool slightly then slice into squares,