These healthy Peanut Butter Choccy Courgette Brownies are gooey, decadent, and perfectly sweet! They’re free of refined sugar, flour, butter and can be gluten-free.
- 1 large/2 small courgettes, grated
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (the riper the better)
- 2 eggs
- 80g peanut butter
- 50g oats, ground (simply blend regular oats in a blender)
- 50g coconut flour
- 20g coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 75g 85% dark chocolate, broken into small chunks
- 50g walnuts, chopped
- 25g 85% dark chocolate, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a brownie tin.
- In a large bowl mix together the grated courgette, mashed banana, eggs and peanut butter until well combined.
- Add the ground oats, coconut flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and pinch of salt.
- Finally, chop the dark chocolate and walnuts into small chunks and fold them through the mixture. Ensure everything is well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and cook in the middle of the oven for 30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Once cooled drizzle the cake with melted dark chocolate. Let the chocolate set and slice into portions.
- I think these little bites are delicious how they are, warmed in the microwave or even cold out of the fridge.
- Enjoy these little bites as a perfect afternoon pick-me-up, weekend or after dinner treat!