Hot cross buns (and maybe chocolate) are what Easter is all about but, lets face it, theyre not the healthiest of snacks. So, I developed this delicious loaf to mean that people could have their cake, and eat it.
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 40 minutes
- 100ml of egg whites,
- 1 whole egg,
- 50g of vanilla or unflavoured protein,
- 25g of sweetener of choice,
- 50g of flour (I used Quinoa flour),
- 35g of Coconut flour,
- 25g of nut butter (I used almond),
- 100g of apple puree,
- 100ml of coconut milk,
- ½ a teaspoon of baking powder,
- 100g of dried mixed fruit.
For the topping:
- 75ml of water,
- 30g of casein protein,
- 30g of Sukrin Sugar free icing sugar.
1. Line and grease a loaf tin and preheat your oven to 160C,
2. Mix together all of the cake ingredients; making sure to mix them well!
3. Pour the mix in to the tin and pop in to the oven for 30 minutes.
4. Take the cake out of the oven and out of the tin before placing on a cooling rack until it has cooled completely.
5. Now to make the icing; simply mix all of the icing ingredients together and spread over the loaf in a cross shape!