The ingredients in this chocolate and parsnip brownie work beautifully together – I dare you to try it. The sweetness of the parsnip perfectly complements the rich, dark chocolate. Plus, if they have parsnip in, they surely count as one of your five a day, right?
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 10-15 minutes
- 150g of chopped parsnip,
- 50g of Doisy and Dam Chocolate (any will be fine for this),
- 120g of egg whites or two whole eggs,
- 50g of sweetener (I used a granulated one but honey, or similar, would work fine),
- 100g of Buckwheat flour,
- 100ml of milk (I used a strawberry flavoured one),
- 2 tablespoons of cacao powder,
- ½ a teaspoon of baking powder.
- Grease and line a small baking tin (I actually used a loaf tin),
- Pre heat the oven to 160C,
- In you blender, pop all of the ingredients.
- Blend until they are well combined,
- Now pour the mixture in to your prepared tin and pop in to the oven for around 30 minutes or until the brownies are firm to touch,
- Take out of the tin and then leave to cool on a cooling rack,
- Once cooled, use a sharp knife to cut in to squares.