The sports nutrition industry has become littered with new brands that claim to be the best and provide you with the nutrition to produce ultimate performance. So, when it comes to know what to buy, how good it is and if you can actually trust the brands claims, it can all become a bit mind boggling. So, when I received a lovely looking parcel of protein shakes from UFit drinks, I wanted to see if their ‘on-the-go high protein health & wellness drinks for active men & women’, were as good as they look on the bottle.
The taste test:
- When trying the drinks, I based their taste on what I feel the flavour ‘normally’tastes like and, coming up trumps, for me was the banana flavour. It tasted SO good; like I was drinking an actual banana shake.
- The chocolate was thick and creamy, just as I like a shake to be
- None of the shakes were runny, so as a meal replacement, they are ideal because you feel as if you have actually consumed something of substance.
The nutritional content:
- In the ‘normal’ size bottle, the drinks contain a whopping 22g of protein, 11g of carbs and around 3g of fat; ideal to help you recover post work out.
- In the UFit 50 drinks, there is 50g of protein for only 336 calories! FIT PRO50 is naturally rich in essential amino acids, the building blocks of your body. Essential amino acids cannot be produced by your body, meaning they must be obtained from foods and drink. They also contain vitmains and minerals and are low in fat, again, ideal post workout!
Baking, making and creating with UFIT:
- The drinks are SO versatile to make things with; you can sub any liquid in a mixture for the drink and can make the ultimate protein pancakes.
- To make the pancakes, simply blend a banana, one UFIT drink and some flour together and then cook in a frying pan!
The price and where to find them: