You’re probably wondering what on Earth a goldenberry is and, to be quite honest, I was too when I received them! So, google (and my life saving iPhone) came to the rescue with all the answers I needed. Basically, a goldenberry is a dried physalis; a Peruvian fruit that has a nice sweet flavour and is high in both iron and fibre. Therefore, I just had to add it to a recipe!
These bars couldn’t be easier to make; they’re a simple chuck it in the blender and blend until blended kinda thing.. and, if you don’t have goldenberries? Well, sub them for any dried fruit you like! I feel that dried mulberries and apricots have a similar flavour!
– 50g of dried golden berries,
– 50g of dried figs or dates,
– 2 packets or 60g of seeds (I used good4unutrition),
– 40g of protein (I used a vanilla flavour),
– 20g of crunchy peanut butter,
– 25g of agave nectar,
– 50g of liquid (I used milk).
1. Line a baking tin with clingfilm,
2. Pop all of your ingredients in to a blender and blend until well combined,
3. Tip the mix into the baking tin, press down until nice and flat,
4. Pop the mixture in the fridge to set,
5. Cut in to squares and enjoy!