If you love adding volume to your breakfast, then you will LOVE zoats.
I am a massive lover of adding volume to my food to make something so tasty last even longer and zoats do just that! This is the most basic idea yet is super tasty, will keep you full for a nice, long time and can be done in SO many different ways. So, basically, go grab a courgette!
I love zoat bowls.
What are they?
They are quite simply a mix of courgette and oats.. sounds strange, right? And, I was dubious to start off with but now I’m, quite simply, obsessed.
I specifically like pro-zoats; adding a bit more protein in to my meal to keep me satisfied for even longer.
The basic recipe:
– half a grated courgette,
– a serving of oats (change this to suit your needs; I use Nutriseed Superfood oats and they are delicious),
– a teaspoon of cinnamon,
– 250ml of liquid (I, more often than not, use water),
To make pro-zoats add in:
– a scoop of protein of choice,
– egg whites (I use two chicks products)
To make the basic recipe, combine all of the ingredients and microwave until they are of a nice, thick consistency (around 3 minutes).
If using egg whites, add the whites in after 2 minutes, mix, and microwave for a further minute. Then, when ready, stir in the protein powder and eat.
Different flavour options:
1. Chai Spiced; simply add in cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg, ginger and cardamon to your mix. I’ve topped it with a plum compote.
2. Chocolate zoats; add in some nutriseed Cacao powder and cacao nibs,
3. Beetroot and Vanilla zoats; grate in some raw beetroot when you grate in the courgette and add in vanilla essence.
4. Simple cinnamon:
For more recipe inspiration, check out my instagram @_hannaheats AND don’t forget to tag me in your creations!