This raspberry and vanilla loaf is delicious; I literally couldn’t stop going back for more. And, what’s even better, is that I came about this recipe purely by accident.
I love making quick loaves; they are so good for breakfast, snacks and pudding! The casein makes the texture really moist and the cake really bouncy! If you don’t have casein, or protein for that matter, just sub for more flour and add in vanilla essence!
For the cake:
- 60g of Vanilla whey protein,
- 25g of Casein (I use Neat Nutrition),
- 100g of raspberries,
- 50g of sesame flour,
- 20g of melted coconut oil,
- 250ml of coconut water,
- 50g of coconut flour (I used The Groovy Food Company),
- 150g of egg whites (I used Two Chicks),
- 1 teaspoon of sweetener (I used Natvia).
For the icing:
- 100g of natural yogurt (I used The Collective),
- 25g of Casein protein,
- 1 tsp of beetroot powder,
- Coconut, seeds and chocolate to decorate!
- Line and grease a loaf tin and preheat your oven to 160C,
- Mix together all of the cake ingredients; making sure to mix them well!
- Pour the mix in to the tin and pop in to the oven for 30 minutes,
- Take the cake out of the oven and out of the tin before placing on a cooling rack until it has cooled completely.
- Now to make the icing; simply mix all of the iing ingredients together and spread over the loaf! I’ve then sprinkled over the toppings!