Like many of us, I’m definitely not immune to the 3pm munchies. When work is flat out, my stress levels have crept up and, I get HANGRY… This is torturous… but, thankfully, @bitesbybecs sent me a recipe for a great chocolate alternative that can really help curb that desire for a naughty mid-afternoon snack.
Enter the nutty chocolate protein ball – jam-packed full of hunger-abating good stuff and super easy to whip up.
Makes 6 protein balls.
* 30g rolled oats
* 25g cashew nuts
* 25g almonds
* 25g hazelnuts
* 1 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
* 30g raisins
* 1 tbsp. cacao powder
* 1 tbsp. honey
* 25g protein powder (either chocolate, vanilla or unflavoured)
* Desiccated coconut for rolling the protein balls in
1. Add dry ingredients to a food processor and mix until well combined.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and mix to form a sticky dough consistency. If the mixture looks on the dry side then add a little more melted coconut oil.
3. Remove from the food processor and carefully roll into balls, approximately 1 inch thick. Roll the protein balls in desiccated coconut.
4. Store in the refrigerator. These protein balls will last for up to a week. Enjoy!!