Who are The Skinny Bakery?
‘The Skinny Bakery was founded in 2013 by passionate home baker Mariella Forte. Inspired by Skinny Latte’s and with a keen interest in the science behind baking, Mariella experimented endlessly to discover delicious baked recipes which contain a fraction of the calories. She began selling her wares around London offices and salons. Feedback on her cakes was so positive that she decided to get her own kitchen and The Skinny Bakery was born. Now available from various outlets across the UK, The Skinny Bakery is going from strength to strength.’
What do I like about The Skinny Bakery?
- The flavours of their foods taste as good as they sound. For instance, the Double Chocolate meringue cookie sounds too good to be true, right? Well, no, it’s not. At only 141 calories for the WHOLE tub and with a gooey, chewy delicious texture these cookies really do taste as they sound like they should.
- By taking traditional flavours and putting a healthy twist on them, you really can have your cake and eat it.
- The ingredients that are used to make the products healthy don’t have crazily long, foreign sounding names!
- The packaging is really handy; it says exactly what you need/want to know… The brand, the flavour and the calories; ideal when quickly choosing a snack on the go.
- For the bakewells, they came in a bag. This was great as it fit in my lunchbox with ease. The flapjacks and meringues came in a tub and this was super to store them (they need storing in the fridge) and travel with them!
- The actual bakewells themselves looked really pretty! They have a heart shape made out of pastry on the top!
The taste test (Cherry Bakewells):
- They aren’t too sweet, so I find this ideal.
- The filling is delicious; not too overpowering with cherry as I think they can be bitter.
- The pastry isn’t chewy, as you expect a ‘healthy’ pastry to be, and Mary Berry would be happy as they don’t have a soggy bottom!
Value for money:
I personally think they are great value for money; for a whole tub/bag you are looking at spending around £2.99 but you can also buy bundles and this saves you a lot of money plus gets you allll the snacks!
Where can I buy them?
Also, don’t forget to check out The Skinny Bakery on instagram!