If you don’t like apple pie, then I’m sorry, but I think you’re crazy!!
When I was growing up, Apple pie and crumble (with allllll the custard) were my favourite puddings, so, I just had to recreate them in a healthy way! And, what better way to eat them than for breakfast?
For the pies:
– 50g of egg whites,
– 1 tablespoon of sweetener,
– 1 scoop of cinnamon, vegan protein,
– 40g of spelt flour (or flour of choice),
– 1 mashed banana,
– 1 tablespoon of oats.
For the filling:
– plain yogurt,
– 2 diced apples,
1. Start by preheating the oven to 160C and lining a muffin tray (I made 9),
2. Simply combine all of the pie ingredients until well combined,
3. Using a teaspoon, put 2 teaspoons worth in each case and then press the mixture around the edge of the case,
4. Pop in the oven and cook for 15 minutes or until golden,
5. Once the pies are out of the oven, take them out of the tray and place them on a cooling rack to cool,
6. Meanwhile, dice the apples, mix with cinnamon and then pop in to the microwave for 1 and a half minutes,
7. Finally, spoon a teaspoon of yogurt, followed by a teaspoon of apple in to each case!