Most of my recipes are chocolate based, so this week I decided to challenge myself to a loaf cake that is a chocolate alternative yet just as tasty! So, combining my love of the refreshing taste of lemon and the crunch of granola, my Lemon and Poppy seed protein loaf was born! This healthy take on a classic cake, really is a great, light option for breakfast or as an afternoon snack!
For the cake:
- 2 sachets of Miss Fits Nutrition vanilla pea protein (or protein powder of choice),
- The juice of 1 lemon,
- 25g of Sukrin Gold (or natural sweetener of choice),
- 200g of liquid egg whites or three whole eggs,
- 1/2 a teaspoon of baking powder,
- 20g of Neat Nutrition Casein Protein,
- 25g of poppy seeds,
- 1 bottle of JF rabbit cucumber water (or 250ml of plain water/milk of choice),
- 20g of Coconut oil (I used Biona Organic),
For the icing:
- Granola (I used Grain and Bowl and it is DELICIOUS),
- 1 tablespoon of casein protein,
- 100g of The Collective Straight up yogurt.
- Grease and line a loaf tin and turn your oven on to 160C,
- Mix together all of the loaf ingredients until well combined and then pour them in to your prepared tin.
- Pop the loaf in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Take the loaf out of the oven and then the tin and leave to cool on a cooling rack.
- Once the cake has cooled, simply mix together the yogurt and casein icing ingredients and then spread on top of your cake! Sprinkle over the granola!
You may also like: