If you’ve followed me for a while, you’ll know that I LOVE pancakes.. especially a big stack on a Saturday (stackurday)! So, I just had to share my staple recipe with you all!
You will need:
- 50g of egg whites,
- 50ml of liquid (I vary between fruit juice, coconut water, dairy and non-dairy milks etc),
- 1 teaspoon of sweetener (I use natvia or truvia, you could use any that you fancy),
- 1/2 a teaspoon of baking powder,
- 15g of protein powder (any flavour and type of choice),
- 10g of casein protein (I use Neat Nutrition as it is THE best),
- 25g of flour (remember that coconut and almond flour are more absorbant so will require more liquid).
- Optional add ins; superfoods (maca powder, beetroot powder, matcha powder), chocolate chips or cacao nibs, raisins or other dried fruit, granola and obviously cacao powder!
- Toppings; go crazy! I love chocolate sauces (cacao powder, yogurt and sweetener mixed together), peanut butter, caramel, Musclefood sugar free syrups or just a simple layer of yogurt!
- In a bowl whisk together your egg whites and liquid until the mixture has doubled in size and is nice and fluffy!
- Whisk in to the egg whites, the sweetener and baking powder.
- Now add in the rest of the ingredients, continuing to whisk until they are well combined.
- Leave the mix to rest for 5 minutes.
- Now grease your frying pan and heat the pan on a medium heat.
- Drop a tablespoons worth of mix in to the pan; cook on one side for three minutes and then flip and cook on the other for around 2 minutes!
- Keep doing this until you have a mighty stack!
- Now go toppings crazy and ENJOYYYY!
You may also like: