This delicious take on a festive favourite is so easy to make and requires only 6 staple ingredients! As you have many optional add ins, you really can make this recipe your own!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 2 hours chilling time
- 3 tablespoons tahini (I used Meridian)
- 3 tablespoons almond butter (I used Meridian)
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup or molasses (for a richer flavour! I used Meridian)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (I used Lucy Bee)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (OR a dash of your favourite booze – brandy or rum would work amazingly!)
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
Add ins: Feel free to use whatever dried fruits, nuts and seeds you wish (about 6 tablespoons in total)
- Chopped cooked chestnut (Merchant Gourmet are great)
- Dried cranberries
- Mixed dried fruit
- Seeds (I used Apple & Cinnamon Good4U snacks)
- Chopped dried apple (Nim’s Fruit Crisps are ideal)
To decorate: Pumpkin seeds, bee pollen and dried cranberries
- Place the tahini, almond butter, maple syrup/molasses and coconut oil in a small pan and heat gently to melt.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla and mixed spice.
- Now stir in your chosen add ins and mix to coat.
- Spoon into a small lined tupperware box or silicone mold (one large one or individual) and smooth out evenly.
- Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours to firm.
- When you’re ready to serve, simply pop out of the freezer and slice up into chunks. Top with extras if you wish – now enjoy straight away!
- Keep any remaining fudge in the freezer for at least 2 weeks.
You may also like: