When it’s Tuesday and you want toast and your @_hannaheats, you don’t do it by halves! I’m not going to lie, or be modest, as this breakfast was AMAZING! It’s actually pretty quick to make and is still packed full of protein and carbohydrates to refuel after a hard workout (or just as delicious breakfast treat)!
– 2 slices of bread (I used newburnbakebouse gluten free sourdough),
– 50g of egg whites,
– 15g of unflavoured protein powder,
– 1 teaspoon of maca powder (optional),
– 1 teaspoon of sweetener (I used natvia),
– 1/2 a teaspoon of cinnamon,
– 50ml of coconut water,
– yogurt (I used The collective),
– frozen berries,
– coconut oil (for frying).
1. Spread a layer of yogurt on one side of one slice of the bread and then sprinkle your fruit on top,
2. Mix together the egg whites, sweetener, protein powder, coconut water, cinnamon and Maca powder until well combined!
3. Place one side of your sandwich in the egg mixture before funding over the bread and soaking the other side!
4. Whilst the second side is soaking, preheat a frying pan with a little coconut oil on a medium heat!
5. Place your sandwich in the pan and, after 3 minutes, flip the sandwich to fry the other side!
6. Take off the pan and serve!
I hope you enjoy this recipe and don’t forget to tag me if you recreate it!