It’s getting close to Christmas and I LOVE this time of year; especially festive food.
Festive food is full of flavour; all the spices, herbs and dressings. When it comes to spices, ginger and cinnamon instantly make me think of Christmas. They make me reminisce on my childhood and the delicious gingerbread that my Grandma used to make. Therefore, I had to healthify and protein up her bake, without losing the flavour!
So, here is my healthy gingerbread recipe!
– 20g of butter, melted (I used Koko dairy free),
– 3 teaspoons of black strap molasses (I used Meridian),
– 90g of coconut flour (I used Sukrin),
– 2 medium eggs,
– 50g of egg whites ( I used Two Chicks),
– 100g of pumpkin purée,
– 1/2 a scoop of unflavoured casein (I used Neat Nutrition),
– 15g of protein powder (I used Nutristrength),
– 200ml of liquid (I used Ginger and Lime rejuvenation water),
– 75g if mixed dried fruit (I used Waitrose),
– 1/2 a teaspoon each of baking powder, ginger and cinnamon.
To make the cake, you simply need to mix together all the ingredients until well combined! Once mixed, leave to rest for five minutes before popping in to a lined loaf tin!
Pop the cake in to a preheated oven at 160C for 40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean!
Leave to cool in the tin!
Once cooled, mix together peanut flour, maca powder, sweetener of choice and milk (I used alpro), until you get a slightly runny paste!
Pour the past over the cake and then slice and enjoy!