Lets face it, that combination of hazelnut and chocolate is just dreamy. And, tender and moist, this loaf cake is loaded with vanilla flavour and sweet Nutella swirls. It will melt in your mouth.
Instead of the calorie and sugar laden original Nutella (of course you can use this), I have used a reduced sugar option; Jim Jams Hazelnut spread and it is a just as delicious melt in the mouth alternative!
You will need:
- One lined and greased loaf tin,
- 2 tablespoons of cacao powder,
- 1 tablespoon of date nectar,
- 20g of chia seeds,
- 15g of slow release casein,
- 30g of Vanilla whey protein,
- 200g of egg whites,
- 100g of cake mix (or 100g of flour and 1/2 a teaspoon of baking powder),
- 40g of Nutella,
- 40g of granola.
- Mix together all of the ingredients except for the cacao powder, nutella and granola.
- Split the mixture equally between two bowls.
- With one half, add in half of the granola, the cacao powder and the nutella.
- Now alternate putting spoons of each flavour mixture in to your tin.
- Using a fork, gently combine the two flavours to create a streaked effect.
- Sprinkle the rest of the granola on top and pop in to a preheated oven at 160C for 40 minutes.
- Take out, leave to cool in the tin and then slice!