Okay, so in the run up to Halloween I had to get creative with the mighty pumpkin and, seeing as loaf cakes are my thangggg, a pumpkin loaf just had to be on the menu.
But why does everyone rave about baking with the mighty pumpkin? Well…
- When cooked, it has a caramel like flavour so adding sweet flavours to your bake without any artificial sweeteners,
- It adds SO MUCH moisture; the fluffiest moistest bake. Mary Berry would LOVE; no dry cakes here,
- It is full of vitamin C; 100g of pupkin puree can provide 20% of your daily RDA,
- It is low calorie; per 100g of pumpkin puree you have just 42 calories (and 100g is ALOT of puree)!,
- IT IS DELICIOUS!
And, here is the recipe!
You will need:
- 10g of date nectar,
- 20g of chia seeds,
- 25g of cacao plus chocolate cut in to squares,
- half a scoop of unflavoured or chocolate casein,
- 150g of egg whites (or two large eggs),
- 20g of peanut flour,
- 1 scoop of chocolate peanut protein powder,
- 100g of natural pumpkin puree,
- 100ml of liquid (I used cactus water).
- Combine all of the ingredients until well mixed.
- Pour in to a lined baking loaf tin,
- Pop in to a pre-heated oven at 150C for 30 minutes or until browned on top,
- Take out, leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before taking out and grating a little chocolate on top!